December 28, 2004 Goulds Rip: (24 Photos)
24. A well deserved break from work during our Christmas Holidays allowed some of the crew to get out for another early season ride (East Coast standards lol).
23. By now snow conditions were a little better then they were earlier this year, but still not good enough to wander too far from the fields in the Goulds.
22. Bill was in the middle of building a new house so both of his sleds were locked in storage on his new double trailer, so he borrowed my 1997 Skidoo GT 500 while I took the opportunity to take Project Invader for a test flight after a long few months of repairs! This 1980 Kawasaki Invader 440 project sled is really taking shape sporting a new paint job and a little mechanical work.
21. French and Sooley joined our adventure on their sleds and we headed to Power's Road to unload. French was logging break in miles on his new Yamaha RX-Warrior, and Sooley is still getting used to his new Mach1-700.
1. We had a great day, Sooley still hasn't broken himself or his new sled, and the old Invader ran pretty good. Bill had a great day trying out everyone's sled and we logged some great trouble free miles. Towards the end of the day the coupler on the exhaust pipe broke on Project Invader, but the hesitation I had last year is gone and the repaired rear suspension worked better than expected! French and I will weld up a new exhaust coupler later this week and have the old beast ready for the annual cabin trip.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith