July 18, 2019 Torbay ATV Ride & Cook-Up (27 Photos)
27. This past Thursday I got home from work a little early and decided to FINALLY take Project Foreman out for its first run since completing all of the work on it earlier this year. The bike was so clean and new looking it was almost a shame to get it dirty! lol
26. Today's ride would be a simple tour leaving from my house in Torbay and exploring trails around the airport fence.
25. Today for a change I turned left when my trail met the fence line and headed towards RCAF Road crossing behind the old community centre and SPCA to rejoin the fence trail just past all the airport hangers.
22. This trail eventually crossed the top of Hebron Way which is a popular destination for riders hitting up Wing-N-It and Off-road Addicts.
20. I made it all the way to Majors Path where I turned around and headed back around the fence to my usual riding area towards Forest Landing.
17. This boggy trail is rarely used by anyone but it looks worse than it actually is. My new ITP Mud Lite XTR's ran through this section without a single slip.
13. I stopped for my cook-up on top of a hill overlooking Indian Meal Line, with no wind it is a beautiful place to stop and fire up the stove.
12. I put my MSR Superfly compact stove & Sea to Summit 1.4l X-pot to work cooking up a pack of flavoured rice. I cheated a little today by BBQing a chicken breast and chopping it up at home to mix in with my rice while it cooked.
9. With so much on the go around the house, working on Project Foreman earlier this year, and now my Argo rebuild it was awesome to finally get away and enjoy a beautiful afternoon/evening!
7. All in all a pretty hearty and quick cook-up in the woods!
1. With the sun setting I made it home around 8:30, gave the bike a quick rinse and tidied up my cooking gear having thoroughly enjoyed my ride.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith