June 9-16, 2018 Vegas Vacation : (101 Photos)
1. Having very much enjoyed our last trip to Vegas in September, Sandra and I were stoked to be returning to Sin City this week. Escaping the cold, wet & dreary June weather here in NL was a bonus too!
2. After getting through Customs & Security in Toronto we had time to grab a quick bite before boarding our next flight. This was my first time at Wahlburgers and I must say I was impressed, the burger was great and service fast & efficient.
4. Having flown around some pretty epic thunderstorm over the Midwest, we arrived safely in Vegas well after dark.
5. Our hotel on this trip was Bally's which unlike the Stratosphere (hotel from our 2017 visit) is located center strip and safe walking distance to everything you need/want. Our Junior Suite was in the recently renovated (January 2018) resort tower and was absolutely beautiful.
7. Our view on this trip overlooked the LINQ and East Flamingo Road.
8. Sunday morning we stopped for Breakfast at Denny's then on to the SDX bus terminal to pick up a 3 day pass and take the bus North to Fremont Street.
9. Construction is well underway on Resort World Vegas which is being built on the site of the old Stardust Hotel & Casino.
10. Getting off the bus at Freemont Street Experience we headed East towards Container Park, a park I saw on an awesome YouTube channel "Living in Las Vegas".
12. Container Park is a park of small shops, a playground and stage all built from old Shipping containers. Its a pretty damn cool spot!
18. After Container Park we headed back towards Freemont Street and the Plaza Hotel for a game of Bingo, Sandra's favorite game!
20. The Plaza's Bingo hall was renovated since our last visit and now features state of the art computerized bingo consoles. Sandra chose to play the old paper cards, I was quite content to do nothing other than watch my screen and drink complimentary beer!
22. Even in the middle of the day Freemont Street is busy and has something happening on the stages.
24. As expected the weather was super hot, hitting no less than 38 degrees everyday. With less than 5% humidity staying hydrated is very important, Vegas has misting stations all along public walkways which really help with staying cool.
25. Monday morning we got up and Took the SDX bus to the South Transfer Station, then hopped on the 217 westbound which dropped us off right at the Silverton Casino/Bass Pro Shops.
26. Entering the Silverton your greeted by this massive aquarium filled with all sorts of Salt Water tropical fish!
27. The casino itself is absolutely beautiful, this old airstream camper has been converted into a twin bowling lane!
30. After an amazing lunch at one of the Silverton's Restaurants, Sandra continued looking around the Casino while I headed to Bass Pro Shops for some recreational outdoor shopping theapy!
32. This store has a fully functional indoor Archery Range, and a full indoor Shooting Range as well!
33. Outside Bass Pro in the Casino they have an amazing Orange County Choppers bike on display that I have to say is pretty impressive.
35. Returning to our hotel to change we decided to try Battista's Hole in the Wall Italian Restaurant. It was close by and recommended on one of many blogs I watched before our trip. The restaurant is super old fashioned but full of character. All meals come with choice of Minestrone Soup or Italian Salad, garlic bread, house red & white wine and a homemade cappuccino.
36. I had the Fettuccini & Mussels with marinara sauce which was absolutely fantastic. Sandra wasn't as happy with her meal but I would definitely go back again.
38. After supper we did another little walking tour and checked out the Flamingo's Casino.
39. Tuesday morning we hit the street hopping on the SDX North to the North Premium Outlet Mall on the hunt for bargains!
41. As if it couldn't get any hotter the old mercury topped 40 degrees Canadian today! It was quite hot, especially at the North Outlets as its an outdoor style mall. However, plenty of water and lots of time spent in air-conditioned stores saved the day and a few bargains were has as well. Well more for me, Sandra wasn't having as much luck shopping and finding deals!
42. While at the Outlet Mall we decided to hit up the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I ordered Pasta Napoletana which was awesome, even this raspberry lemonade was fantastic! Sandra had the Club Sandwich which was also very good.
44. At the SDX stop waiting for our bus back to the strip, trying not to melt or touch anything metal! LoL
45. After supper we headed back to Freemont Street to take in the sights and sounds of the most fun street in North America!
50. Wednesday morning Sandra and I did another Walking tour, leaving Bally's heading North exploring Casinos along the way. We hit up the Flamingo, the LINQ, Harrah's, Casino Royale, and finally the stunning Venetian.
64. It was even hotter today than yesterday so after lunch we headed back to the hotel for supper and to get ready for this evening.
65. Later that evening we headed back to the Plaza Hotel for a couple games of Bingo. Winning $$$ and complimentary beer, sign me up.
67. After successfully winning a couple games of Bingo we left the Plaza and headed North along Main Street to Main Street Station Hotel & Casino. This was another place I saw in the "Living in Las Vegas" vlogs on YouTube and was excited to check it out.
68. Although recently renovated, this Casino has the charm of an early 1900's fancy hotel as its finished in Victorian woodwork, stamped tin ceilings and beautiful engraving all mingled with modern Casino Games. It's truly beautiful as it is unique.
69. As seen in the Vlog, upstairs you can find Winston Churchill's snooker table, which is huge!
70. After checking out the Casino we decide to have a late dinner here as well at the Triple 7 Restaurant and Microbrewery. This restaurant is open late and had a great menu with very fair prices. I had steak while Sandra had ribs and the meal was absolutely amazing, including appetizer the bill was right at $30. Highly recommended.
71. Leaving Main Street Station we headed South back to Freemont Street. The structure of the street enclosure is pretty impressive.
72. Every hour on the hour all of Freemont Street's Neon lights go out and the Ceiling takes centre stage with a special performance. Its pretty amazing the architecture and electronics required to make this all happen. The sound system for this venue alone is amazing and quite staggering to comprehend.
74. Thursday morning began with a little bit of a late start as the jet lag time difference shift finally started to lift. This morning we went on a walking tour headed North on Linq Lane towards the LINQ Promenade.
75. This pedestrian Promenade runs from Linq Lane to Las Vegas Boulevard and is home to dozens of shops and restaurants. An awesome spot to visit and revisit trying a new place to eat each time!
76. The Promenade is home to In-N-Out Burgers, neither Sandra or I have ever tried it so we checked it out. The restaurant was super busy but the staff are like a factory so wait time was minimal. Our meal was fairly cheap but absolutely fantastic! Really good fast food, would definitely go back.
79. Leaving the Promenade we crossed Las Vegas Boulevard and headed towards Cesar's Palace.
80. The famous Fountains at Cesar's, jumped by Evil Knievel on a motorcycle decades ago, a feat which will be recreated here later this year by the one and only Travis Pastrana 199.
81. Our walking tour continued with stops at Paris Paris, Planet Hollywood, and the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood.
88. That evening we went to the Absinthe Show at Cesar's Palace, a highly recommended show in Vegas.
89. All I can say is that we weren't disappointed. The show is amazing, full of talented performers doing absolutely crazy acrobatic acts amidst a team of hilarious entertainers. If your in Vegas, definitely do not miss this show.
91. After the show, we headed back to the Linq Promenade to the Tilted Kilt for a late supper. Once again the food was good and service fantastic.
92. Friday morning Sandra wanted to check out a store which could only be found at Town Square, a shopping area right on the SDX bus route South towards the South Premium Outlets.
93. It's a pretty neat area but it requires alot of walking to check it out.
95. After a relaxing afternoon we headed back to Freemont Street for a few Games of Bingo, some $5 minimum Blackjack and to mingle with the crazy crowd on the street.
97. For our last supper on this trip we decided to head back to the Triple 7 Restaurant at Main Street Station. Our last meal there was fantastic and this time we were not disappointed either! Our table this time gave us an excellent view of the award winning microbrewery.
99. Across the street from Main Street Station lies the California Hotel & Casino which we hope to visit on our next Vegas Vacation.
101. Like all vacations, they have to come to an end, this time all too soon. We had an awesome time here and cant wait to visit again soon and take in even more of what the city has to offer.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith