Summer 2017 Recreational Food Fishery: (8 Photos)
8. It's been another hectic summer with work, house projects, and generally life, but this past weekend French and I finally got out on Conception Bay to participate in the annual Recreational Food Fishery. This year's summer fishery ran from July 15th to August 6th, but in addition the fishery opened every weekend (Saturday daylight to Sunday dusk) in July and August plus Labour Day weekend September 2 - 4th. The Fall fishery ran later in the year for one week September 23rd to October 1st.
7. We jumped in Mark's boat moored in St. Phillip's and headed towards Portugal Cove.
6. The province's newest ferry for the Bell Island run, The Veteran, is a monster and simply dwarfs the older boats connecting the residents of Bell Island to the rest of the province.
3. We caught our quota in no time at all and headed back to the wharf to clean and fillet our catch.
1. We may not have had a lot of trips on the bay like past fisheries but we didn't come away empty handed!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith