St. John's Rod & Gun Club Fall/Winter 2016: (10 Photos)
10. With a fantastic Atlantic Trap Championships in the books labor day weekend, the Trap Group at the SJRGC moved on with our regular Fall shooting schedule of both Registered Target & Fun Shoots.
9. The weather may be brisk but there's always a dedicated group at each shoot wearing a few extra layers of clothing!
8. As the year continues so does the work to keep the facility running smooth. In November the hour meter on the club Generator indicated it was time for yet another oil change to keep maintenance in spec. with the schedule provided by Kubota.
7. November 6th the club hosted our annual Turkey Shoot which is open to all members and guests and was comprised of Trap, Sporting Clays and a Pistol Steel Challenge all running concurrently.
6. The day concluded with our now famous Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings which was orchestrated by Sandra, Daphne and Monty and was once again a fantastic meal.
4. After the Turkey shoot events at the club wind down as the weather gets colder and wetter. The clubhouse windows which date back to the construction of the building in 1962 are now in dire need of replacement.
3. January 7th 2017. Although we were later than usual in winterizing the Trap field, our dedicated albeit small crew got the job done on a cold blustery Saturday morning.
2. Since the trap houses historically flood over the winter when a mid winter rain storm meets frozen drainage pipes, we store the machines safely in the Clay Target Building until spring.
1. With Trap shooting finished for the season most of our crowd will relax until spring. The sporting clays group host weekly mid week shoots throughout the winter on Wednesdays affectionately know as the OFCL, and the ranges are frequented by individual members and our Pistol Groups regularly through the winter.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith