August 26, 2013 Bay Roberts ATV Run: (6 Photos)
6. It wasn't long after I was home from my Alberta vacation when I received a call from Steve saying he just booked a trip home to Newfoundland the following month. He had some vacation time to use up and airline vouchers to spend before they expired, so we planned out a surprise visit where our family would have no idea he was home! Steve arrived home Thursday night and we surprised Mom the following day arranged to take her out for lunch. Saturday night we had a few hands over to the house for a fire and of course a few brews.
5. Sunday we headed out to the St. John's Rod and Gun Club for a few hours trap shooting, before continuing on to Bay Roberts to surprise Dad. With Dad in total disbelief we had an awesome night, and since I had Project Foreman and Maffer's Can Am Outlander loaded aboard the truck, we planned an ATV ride for the next morning.
4. Every Wednesday in the Summer months Dad takes part in an ATV ride with a group of retired guys in Bay Roberts. Since then, he has gained a great knowledge of the local trails. We unloaded the bikes on Roache's line near Nine Island Pond, Steve was riding my '98 450 Foreman, Dad his '06 400 Outlander, and I had a lend of Maffer's Outlander 800 beast, although we all swapped bikes throughout the day. We had a great day trail riding around Nine Island Pond, Colliers and Brigus Junction covering close to 50km.
2. I tested the limits of Maffer's Can Am Outlander and buried it in a bog hole near Brigus. In the end, I really ended up only testing the winch! We had to park my Foreman side on attaching Maffer's winch line to the center of my frame to create enough drag to act as a winch anchor!
1. It was an excellent visit with Steve and as usual time goes by all to quickly, but we already have plans to do it again soon!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith