November 4, 2012 - SJRGC Turkey Shoot: (9 Photos)
9. Sunday morning, Mark French, Justin "Melons" French, Don French and I headed out to the St. John's Rod and Gun Club for the annual Turkey Shoot. This event consisted of 100 Singles & 100 Doubles Trap Shooting, followed by 50 sporting clays targets shot on the newly expanded Sporting Clays range in the woods.
8. For the third year in a row the weather was beautiful which brought out over 40 registered shooters and over 70 guests for the Turkey Supper!
7. Our squad consisted of the 3 French's and I, and competition was fierce throughout the day. Mark took the lead with an 86/100 for singles followed by my 84, Justin's 71, and Don's 64. Things were still close after doubles, I took the lead with a score of 74/100 followed by Mark's 73, Justin's 70 and Don's 41.
6. The Scores turned around a little in sporting clays with my high score (in our squad) of 27/50, followed by Mark's 24, Don's 20 and Justin's dismal 18/50.
5. Overall scores at the end of the day saw me edge out our crew's veteran shooter Mark J. French with a score of 185/250, followed by Mark's 183, Justin's 159, and Don's 125. Justin said its not about the scores but as long as we all had a great day shooting, and I agree. And its an even better day when I win. LoL
4. After we finished shooting, Mark and I were put in charge of deep frying 4 turkey's for the big dinner. I think we did a great job as they turned out beautiful. While we were outside, the rest of the guys were inside getting the rest of the dinner ready.
1. Once again it was a meal fit for a king a full compliment of vegetables, salt beef and of course, deep fried turkey. Then to top it off we had deserts provided by the Barbour Family Restaurant - Ches's Fish and Chips.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith