September 3, 2011 Mike's Trap Shoot: (31 Photos)
31. This year, Mark French and I have organized the inaugural Saturday Trap Shoot for the shed-headz crew. Many of our crew are active members of the St. John's Rod and Gun Club with Mark and I sitting on the Trap Committee. With everything in place we organized and ran a great, fun, safe day trap shooting.
30. We had a number of first time trap shooters so once everyone was registered and forms filled out for club insurance, Mark performed a full safety briefing on firearm safety, trap shooting rules & procedures and an orientation of the trap field. Then some of us more experienced shooters shot a full round so the crew could see how a round of trap ran.
15. It was a great day, and the whole crew shot very well, with new shooters improving rapidly throughout the day. Many of us provided assistance to the less experienced shooters and everyone had an awesome time.
14. Mark organized a great lunch, had cold drinks available all day, which was great because it was sunny and hot!
5. Near the end of the day, after shooting a 24/25 (missing the last bird-choke...choke...) Mark French finally shot a perfect round 25/25 targets broken. In keeping with club tradition, 3 clays were folded into his hat and everyone loaded up and shot the hell out of it before it hit the ground! Congrats Mark, we all know its not easy to get that score.
1. Once daylight faded we put all the guns away, dismantled the range and had an awesome BBQ supper. Once everything was put away, we broke out a few brews and relaxed the the club house for a few hours before heading home. Big thanks especially to Mark French, to everyone else that helped out scoring/cooking, and to the designated drivers for getting us back to town safely!
All in all it was an awesome day, hopefully some of the crew join French and I on a few regular Sunday shoots!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith