Summer 2011 Recreational Food Fishery: (32 Photos)
32. The Recreational Groundfish Summer Fishery 2011 was a great success for the Shed-Headz Crew, and ran from July 23 to August 14, 2011. We managed quite a few trips over the three weeks in French's 18' Fibreglass boat, some evenings were perfectly calm and an absolute joy to be on the water.
31. This year we did a little pre season work on French's boat, installing a new Stereo with Marine Speakers and a wired remote control, new LED floor lighting, water proofing the storage compartments, and some general maintenance on the motor and battery box.
30. Most of our trips were successful either reaching our quota, or coming close. Maffer, French and I had a couple great Evening trips on the water, managing to squeeze in as many days as weather would allow.
29. One Saturday morning French and I took out the Pollard family for a day on the bay, the weather was absolutely perfect with not a draft of wind.
22. After they successfully caught their quota, we took them for a boat ride down as far as Topsail Beach before returning them to their vehicle in St. Phillip's
18. On another Saturday afternoon French, Janes and I rounded Cape St. Francis to try for some larger fish. Although the water was perfectly calm in Conception Bay, there was a large rolling swell outside on the Cape.
9. We made a few passes over the grounds and caught our quota, with Janes managing to land a 40lb monster, on Rod & Reel!
1. The fall fishery occurred while I was away on a honeymoon Caribbean cruise with my wife. Mark and the crew got out a few times for the one week fishery, but like the weather, catches were very poor.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith