Summer 2007 Recreational Food Fishery: (20 Photos)
20. The 2007 Recreational Food Fishery took place from July 30 to August 19, 2007.
19. This promised to be an exciting year as the French's purchased a new boat earlier this year, a new 18' Ocean Fisher with a 90hp Yamaha outboard.
18. Also, we brought Sandra's Father's 21' Seabreeze open boat to my Dad's summer house in Bay Roberts where we made a bunch of repairs and got it ready for the food fishery.
17. We replaced the broken steering cable, replaced stiff throttle cables, installed new larger windows in the wheel house, painted the inside of the boat, installed new grab rails, tuned up the 60hp Mariner Outboard, and had the damaged prop professionally repaired.
14. Once we had the boat ready we needed a place to berth it for the fishery. Dad arranged a berth at an old privately owned wharf in Bay Roberts where we spent one windy morning making repairs to the walk way and ladder.
9. That summer we made quite a few trips on Conception Bay leaving from Bay Roberts in Sandra's Fathers Boat. On the first day, Sandra, Dad and I got out and I caught the first and largest Cod Fish of the season! We managed to catch our quota that day and as well as most times we got out.
1. French really enjoyed their new boat logging lots of miles and catching lots of fish, some say he even learned how to count that summer!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith