November 8-11, 2007 Moose Hunting Trip: (20 Photos)
20. This year the guys finally had set of Moose Tags to fill, an either sex license for area 36-Southern Shore. Sooley, Maffer, French and Matthew French headed to Maffer's cabin in Tors Cove for the Hunt.
19. Unsuccessfully hunting a bunch of country Gully Pond Road during the first day, the guys acted on a tip and set up in a duck blind further in the same road on the 2nd day of hunting.
18. Partner Licence holders Sooley and Maffer manned the blind,
15. while retrieval team Matthew and Mark French stayed out the road in search of small game and birds. Neither team had any luck that morning so everyone headed back to the cabin for a lunch and rest, returning to Gully Pond Road around supper time for an evening hunt.
14. About an hour before dusk Sooley spotted a young bull from the blind then promptly fired and missed. Taking no chances Maffer took over and made a safe successful harvest of a beautiful young bull.
12. They called French with the news so he and Matthew got the trailer & bikes from the cabin.
10. Soon after French had the animal dressed and halved.
9. Mark's Foreman 450es and Sooley's TRX300 certainly worked hard with the heavy load but in true Honda fashion they got the job done.
5. Back at the cabin, the guys constructed a makeshift hanging rack and got the animal hung and skinned.
1. All in all it was a successful hunt with tags filled and a lot of fun had by all!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith