July 2007 Day on Conception Bay: (8 Photos)
8. Earlier this year the French's sold their old 14' Aluminum boat and motor and ordered a brand new 18' Ocean Fisher fibreglass open boat built to spec and christened Cloud-9.
7. This boat features a Z-Drive which hangs the outboard motor off the rear of the boat and doesn't intrude into the stern freeing up valuable space.
6. This boat is a bow rider design with 2 captains chairs behind the windshield, features hydraulic steering and plenty of extra seating and storage with built in rear and side mounted tots.
4. Fitted with a Yamaha 90hp four stroke outboard motor, this boat is quick, quiet, and fuel efficient too, an inboard fuel tank ensures long range and no fooling around with gas cans aboard the boat.
3. On this fine summer Saturday morning French, Maffer, Chrissy and young Gavin left from St. Phillip's Marina and headed out on Conception Bay for a run. It was a beautiful day that took them near the Henry Goodrich Drilling Rig moored in the bay, and over as far as Bay Roberts.
1. French is really looking forward to having a reliable seaworthy craft especially for the upcoming recreational food fishery.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith