October 7, 2006 Sooley Cabin Overnight: (15 Photos)
15. This weekend Sooley and I took a run to his cabin mostly just to relax, take a run on the bikes, BBQ and enjoy a weekend away from town.
13. This summer Sooley's father has been very busy working on the outside of the cabin, replacing decks, adding new railings and installing patio pavers which will eventually connect all the way around the cabin to the rear deck.
10. I was excited as I finally got to test out the brand new tires on my bike. Earlier this summer I took off the worn out ITP Blackwater XT's which served me well for seven years and installed a set of 27" ITP Mud Lite XTR radial tires.
9. These tires have a great tread pattern which is aggressive for mud but still have an excellent ride even on hard pack. The radial tire technology resists punctures while staying light weight and handle excellent at speed.
6. Using Mr. Sooley's new Kioti tractor we tore down the old Potato Cellar (the infamous one Maffer rode his Skidoo off a couple winters ago) as it was starting to collapse.
1. It was an excellent quiet weekend, we got a lot done and had a few laughs which is the goal for any trip to the cabin.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith