October 14, 2006 Sooley Cabin Overnight: (29 Photos)
29. In need of more firewood to keep the wood stoves burning at the Sooley Cabin, Bill, Sooley and I headed out to Whitbourne early Saturday morning for an overnighter to get the job started.
28. Over the course of the day we cut, hauled out and stacked quite a lot of wood from the cutover at the rear of Sooley's cabin property which would dry and be ready for the next winter.
23. While Sooley and Bill cut I started hauling to get as much firewood out next to the cabin as possible.
20. Safety third j/k.
19. Todd and Adam arrived later that afternoon and provided much appreciated extra help bringing out each load.
18. That evening we had an awesome BBQ, ate the summer's leftovers from the freezer which included smoked salmon, shrimp and more, and later enjoyed a few beer around the fire pit.
11. Sunday morning we set about winterizing the cabin by draining the water lines and taking up the pumps.
10. When we arrived at the pond we found a floating wharf washed up just down the shore.
9. With paddle in hand I trod through the woods to the floating dock and paddled it down to Sooley's wharf.
3. We tried to haul it up with the quad bud simply couldn't get enough traction. My Diesel Jeep liberty got the job done with minimal fuss.
1. I don't know what we'll use it for, but at least if someone has lost it, it wont be damaged by the winter ice.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith