May 24, 2005 Tors Cove Cabin Trip: (38 Photos)
38. The May 24th holiday weekend is the unofficial start of camping season for many Newfoundlanders, our crew was no different as we loaded up the bikes and headed to Maffer & Chrissy's cabin in Tors Cove.
36. We had been up the previous couple weekends renovating and repairing the cabin, and we finished up our renovations during the first part of the long weekend. The rest of the weekend we took relaxed and enjoy the fruits of our labour and some ATV boggin!
34. Adam was rocking the Honda One demo Rincon 650 which is one of the smoothest riding bikes I've ever test ridden.
33. Later we started some brush clearing maintenance. We got some straps and started pulling out alders with the bikes from in front of the cabin to make the parking area larger, and we cleared a space for parking trailers further down the driveway.
31. Meals at the cabin were usual awesome BBQ fare, searing lots and lots of cow!
30. Long had a Honda TRX350 rental bike, Sooley rented an 80cc dirt bike, while French and I brought our Honda Foreman's. Maffer had a few rides on my 1972 Honda 50 minitrail dirt bike, even sporting a 1970's gold sparkle helmet.
21. As usual there was a lot of mud riding involved in our adventures where we tried all the tangliest trails we could find.
15. Sooley and Maffer even managed to get in a little trouting as well.
5. There were doubters but good tires and a front locker got the job done!
1. Monday came all to soon and another fantastic holiday weekend was on the books. We made some substantial improvements to the cabin, and had a lot of fun on the bikes.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith