February 13-18, 2007 Annual Cabin Trip: (86 Photos)
86. The Annual Winter Trip to the Sooley Cabin finally arrived, and it shaped up to be one of the best trips yet! This year the weather cooperated with lots of snow, there was a large crew on hand, lots of sleds, and lots of gas to burn.
85. Sooley, Adam, French and I were the first to arrive at the cabin on Tuesday morning, and quickly took advantage of the untouched snow before anyone else arrived. We headed up to Highwaters and spent the day climbing hills, getting stuck, jumping, getting stuck, generally having a time. It was a great clear winter day, and the riding conditions were prime.
84. French was riding his 2005 RX-Warrior, I was on project Renegade, Adam on project Slammed Summit, and Sooley was riding the family Enticer II having wrote off his Mach1 at Mount Peyton late last year! He did take the opportunity to hit a lot of jumps on project Slammed Summit while Adam had a break!
71. After an awesome afternoon burning gas and hauling stuck machines out of the snow we relaxed by the fire in our fire pit clearing at the top of Sooley's pond.
67. Wednesday morning arrived and still waiting more of the crew to arrive the four of us set out under beautiful sunny skies tearing up more hills near the gullies South of Sooley's cabin.
57. We also ran over to Highwaters for a rematch of yesterdays adventures, and were surprised to find our usual water skimming hole almost completely frozen over.
54. We managed to log a fair bit of flight time, although much of it wasn't captured on camera. Sooley was riding one of the enticers, but again occasionally took Adam's sled over some of the larger jumps.
49. That evening we got a bonfire going up behind the cabin to burn off some of the wood cutting brush from last fall, finishing out the evening with a few brew in the cabin.
46. Thursday arrived and so did Maffer, Janes & Bill so with the guys suited up we hit the ponds and jumps once again!
45. Bill was riding his 2005 RX-1, Maffer his 2006 REV 500ss, and Janes was riding one of the Sooley's Enticers.
44. In bigger news, later that evening Sooley got a surprise call from his wife. She bought a 1994 Skidoo Mach1 670 for him which we had to pick up in Ocean Pond, just a 10 minute drive from the cabin! A couple of us went with him, not telling the rest of the crew what we were up to. The sled was mint, and ran great!
39. That evening Learning arrived with his 2004 V-max 600 triple, we hung out in the garage and put a few decals on Maffer's REV and Learning's sled.
35. Friday brought sunny skies once again and Sooley was itching to try out the new weapon in daylight hours!
34. We hit up the best jumps from the previous couple days but later crossed the highway to try and reach a large lake called Gander Pond.
33. We made our way across triangle pond and over open country stopping to play on every large drift we found.
18. We eventually stumbled across a woods path that headed in the general direction we needed to go and in no time we reached Gander Pond. This is a rather large body of water, and there were hundreds of hills and drifts to climb and jump, it was a fantastic place to ride.
14. We all had a blast especially Sooley who was finally riding a half sensible machine. We stayed until our fuel tanks were pretty well dry and headed back to the cabin for supper.
10. Learning was at the cabin with his sled, but I can honestly say I cant remember seeing it move the whole weekend.
9. Saturday arrived and we spent the day riding and trying out new jumps, unfortunately the cameras stayed off as we concentrated on burning gas! That evening all the girls arrived for a "time" at the cabin.
5. Even Ronnie and family made it up for the unwind night of the trip!
1. Sunday was the last day of the annual winter trip and was spent relaxing, nursing hangovers, getting the cabin cleaned up, and vehicles loaded up headed for home.
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith