December 16, 2004 Goulds Rip: (22 Photos)
22. Earlier this year both French and Bill Spring ordered new 150 horsepower, 1000cc Yamaha 4-stroke snowmobiles. French had been out on his, while Bill's sled arrived at the dealership a little later. Identical machines even in color, Bill's was a 121" short track RX1, while French's was the slightly longer 136" Warrior version.
21. Eager to get out for a test ride, Bill & Todd headed out to the Goulds on marginal snow conditions to try out the new machine. Todd was riding his Yamaha Viper 700, a beautiful two stroke triple cylinder beast.
12. Later that day they were joined by French and Jimmy who were also out making the best of the early season snow.
5. As you can imagine Bill babied the break in of the new sled, in my opinion he did it the right way!!! In all fairness, he did follow Yamaha's recommended break in procedure with regard to engine RPM, etc, there was nothing in the book with regards to flight time!
1. All in all a great way to spend a beautiful sunny day in the woods!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith