December 16, 2004 Goulds Rip: (22 Photos)
22. Earlier this year both French and Bill Spring ordered brand new 150 horsepower, 1000cc Yamaha 4-stroke snowmobiles. By now French had already been out for a ride on his, while Bill's sled arrived at the dealership a little later. Both machines were identical in color, Bill's was a 121" short track RX1, while French chose the slightly longer 136" RX-Warrior version.
21. Eager to get out for a test ride, Bill took delivery of his new sled and picked up Todd for an early winter rip in the Goulds on marginal snow conditions. Todd was riding his Yamaha Viper 700, a beautiful two stroke triple cylinder beast.
12. Later that day they were joined by French and Jimmy who were also out making the best of the early season snow.
5. As you can imagine Bill babied the break in of the new sled, in my opinion he did it the right way!!! In all fairness, he did follow Yamaha's recommended break in procedure with regard to engine RPM, etc, there was nothing in the book regarding flight time!
1. All in all a great way to spend a beautiful sunny day in the woods!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith