August 25, 2005 Goulds ATV swamp ride: (8 Photos)
8. On a beautiful sunny August afternoon Adam called me to go for a quick ATV run as he acquired the demo bike from his work a 2005 Honda Rincon 650. I loaded up Project Foreman and French came along with his '02 Foreman and we headed out for a run in the Goulds to check out some trails in the area.
7. We unloaded the bikes on Power's Road then headed west where we tried to follow the old long abandoned southern shore railway line. Some of the puddles were extremely deep and I was still working out the kinks with my brand new snorkel kit.
6. Unfortunately I stalled my bike in the first super deep water hole we came across and Adam buried the Honda Rincon 650 trying to ride a bypass trail around the hole I was in.
5. French's Foreman was called into duty to pull out my bike. While I drained water from the carburetor on project Foreman French winched out Adam and we continued on our way.
4. I had forgotten to plug the carburetor bowl overflow hose which when submerged will allow water into the carburetor bowl. All bikes even Hondas don't run on water.
2. We then changed plans opting for a less tangly ride and eventually made our way over to Northern Pond Road then onto Foxtrap exploring many side trails along the way before heading back to the trucks.
1. It was a great, relaxing, muddy ride, but I have no idea why we weren't all working on a Thursday!
Copyright © 2011 Michael Smith